Our "Little Lifter" Frame Handle offers a solution to a common bicycle commuting problem: it makes lifting and maneuvering your bike easier. Everyday obstacles like stairs, curbs, garage hooks, trolleys and trains can make carrying your bike challenging.
Like attaching a briefcase handle to your bike, the Frame Handle lowers the bike's center of gravity and takes advantage of your most commonly-used muscle groups to make lifting feel easier, lighter, and more in control.
Originally launched on Kickstarter and featured in the Museum of Modern Art’s (MoMA) Design Store, the Frame Handle is easy to install, weatherproofed, sustainably handcrafted from American leather, and available in colors to match your leather saddles. It comes in sizes Regular and Large for different size frame tubes (see Size info below).
- More Uses for the Bicycle Frame Handle: alternate locations on unique frame types (mixte/step-through frames, e-bikes, folding bikes, cargo bikes), extra lifting point on the rear rack, bicycle storage "loop" for wall-mounted hooks
- Fitting the Bicycle Frame Handle with Water Bottle Cages
- Understanding Bicycle Frame Handle Sizes: Regular vs Large
- Protecting Your Paint Job with the Bicycle Frame Handle
HOW DOES IT WORK? Watch a 1-minute introduction video (from Kickstarter) on our Vimeo channel: https://vimeo.com/walnutstudiolo/bicycleframehandle
See a short installation video on our Vimeo channel: https://vimeo.com/walnutstudiolo/framehandle
COLORS: Honey, Dark Brown, or Black.
MATERIALS: Bridle leather, nickel-plated steel hardware
DIMENSIONS: The Frame Handle measures approximately 7.5” end-to-end, with the handle itself running approximately 5.5” long.
SIZES: If in doubt, order the size Large.
- The "Regular" size Frame Handle will fit most bikes. It fits tube circumferences approximately 3.15" - 5.75".
- The "Large" size fits tube circumferences approximately 3.75" - 8.25" (usually mountain bikes and e-bikes).
READ MORE about sizing on our blog post, Understanding Bicycle Frame Handle Sizes, particularly if you have an e-bike.
SIZE NOTE: The standard "Large" order comes with one regular belt, to fit the seat tube, and one large belt to fit the down tube. In nearly all cases, the seat tube is a size Regular to fit the standard-sized seat post, but if you need TWO large end belts - such as for a Brompton top tube - simply leave us a note under 'Special Instructions' and we will include two large end belts upon request at no additional charge.
MONOGRAMMING: Yes! This item can be monogrammed with up to 4 characters using our 1/2" font set. Monogramming can add 2-3 days to the turnaround time. Monogram placement is shown in the last photo. Learn more about monogramming.
- About Our Leather
- Leather Care
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- Turnaround Time
- Domestic (USA) Shipping Information
- International Shipping Information
- Customer Service
PHOTOGRAPHY: Credit to Erin Berzel Photography and Austin Goodman.